12 Orchards to Visit in Wisconsin in 2019
There's a lot to love about fall in Wisconsin, but one of our favorites has to be visiting local orchards. October is the perfect month to enjoy all things fall in Wisconsin: Crisp fall air, vibrantly colored trees, the scents of pumpkin spice and apple pie in the air, warm layers and cozy blankets, and a trip to your favorite Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast. An autumn trip to the apple orchards is the perfect combination of many of these things, but more importantly, a trip to the orchards is one of the easiest ways to reconnect with those simpler days of childhood.
Getaway for a day or two this fall, and visit one or more of our favorite apple orchards this fall. As always, find the perfect lodging for your getaway from the many Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts offered by our members. We look forward to celebrating the fall with you!
12 Delightful Orchards to Visit in Wisconsin
Apple season in Wisconsin starts after Labor Day and continues all the way through Thanksgiving. The timing of your trip largely depends on where in the state you'll be visiting and when, but throughout the month of October you can expect great experiences at most of Wisconsin's orchards.
Though there are more wonderful orchards to visit in Wisconsin than we can name, here are 12 great ones near at least one of our member Inns! Which one will you visit this fall?
- Brightonwoods Orchard in Burlington features over 200 varieties of apples. Better yet, you can combine two of our greatest loves in one visit, as the Aeppel Trow Winery is located onsite!
- Epelgaarden in Fitchburg is a classic old-fashioned orchard. On Sundays, they have live folk and bluegrass music to go along with their apple and pumpkin picking activities.
- Try one of the incredibly delicious apple cider donuts at Erickson's Orchard in Bayfield. They have a well-earned reputation, and are quite easily the perfect bite of fall.
- Give yourself an excuse to visit Wisconsin's Door County this fall, and visit Wood Orchard Market in Egg Harbor. They specialize in Honeycrisp apples, and have an extraordinary market to explore as well!
- There are 40 acres of apples, pears, and plums to enjoy at Ten Eyck Orchard in Brodhead Wisconsin. They've been delighting visitors to the orchard since 1839!
- Apple Holler near Racine is open year-round and is the perfect place to pick your favorite apples each fall. Their Red Barn Restaurant is a great place to enjoy some down-home cooking, too!
- Over 60,000 trees and some delicious baked goods await you at Sacia Orchards in Galesville, home to some pretty famous apple pies.
- Head to Sprangers Orchard in Kaukana, and enjoy a delicious afternoon of apple picking.
- Gays Mills, the Wisconsin town most associated with apples, is home to some delightful orchards, like Turkey Ridge Organic Orchard.
- If you're looking for Wisconsin's world-famous apple pie in a bag, head to The Elegant Farmer in Mukwonago. There's so much to keep you busy here, and the apples are just the beginning.
- Pick your own apples, enjoy delicious baked goods, and get yourself lost in the maze at Helene's Hilltop Orchard in Merrill Wisconsin.
- Shihata's Orchard in Prairie du Chien is nestled in the picturesque bluffs of the Mississippi River Valley and is a delightful place to enjoy all the sights, sounds, smells, and flavors of fall.
Seasonal Fall Delights at Wisconsin Inns
Your enjoyment of fall doesn't stop with visits to these charming apple orchards. Wisconsin Innkeepers are extraordinary chefs, and it goes without saying that one of the many great perks of staying at our Inns is the breakfast. Our Innkeepers invest a lot of time creating their signature made-from-scratch recipes, many of which utilize the freshest local ingredients possible. Stay at a Wisconsin Inn this fall, where the perks are plentiful and the amenities are free. Safety and quality matter, and you'll find no lodging that compares. Use our search tool to find your next getaway today!