There are plenty of wonderful things to do in Wisconsin, not least of which is enjoy the spectacular natural beauty this state is known for. However, there are other great things to do, too, like visit the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee. The Harley-Davidson Museum houses an unrivaled collection of Harley-Davidson motorcycles and memorabilia, not to mention a variety of events and other experiences to complement your time there. It's truly a mecca for motorcycle enthusiasts.
The Harley-Davidson Museum is located in the heart of downtown Milwaukee, not too far from other popular city attractions like the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan, top museums, breweries, and so much more. Milwaukee truly offers a little bit of something for everyone and this spring is a wonderful time to visit.
While you're enjoying the Harley-Davidson Museum and the vast number of other things to do in Milwaukee, consider staying at one of our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts nearby. There are two properties in Milwaukee itself, and a few more in nearby suburbs of southeast Wisconsin.
Visit the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee
If you're any kind of a fan of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, then you really must visit the inspiring Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee. From the moment you first set foot on the 10-acre park-like campus, you'll be impressed. That's true even if you aren't somehow already a fan of these American-made masterpieces - but we're pretty sure you'll leave a fan.
The Harley-Davidson Museum will walk you through the fascinating history of this epic American brand through a series of interactive exhibits, unique collections of motorcycles, and two-floors worth of Harley-Davidson memorabilia. We're not kidding when we say it's impressive! Here are just a few of the things you can expect from your next visit to the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee.
- Through various exhibits at the Harley-Davidson Museum, you'll gain an in-depth understanding of the lifestyle and culture surrounding this iconic brand. Current special exhibits include Off-Road Harley-Davidson, Building a Milwaukee Icon: Harley-Davidson's Juneau Ave. Factory, and Tsunami Motorcycle Display.
- You can take behind-the-scenes tours of the Harley-Davidson Museum, where you'll learn even more about the heritage associated with the brand.
- The events calendar is packed full of exciting events for Harley enthusiasts (and even those non-enthusiasts among us)! This includes motorcycle rallies throughout the year.
- Don't leave the Harley-Davidson Museum without picking up some merchandise from their amazing museum store.
The Harley Davidson Museum is currently open seven days a week. Tickets can be purchased online, though you can also purchase them upon arrival at the museum.
Places to Stay Near the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee: Sheridan's Bed and Breakfast and Bay View Studios, and The Muse Gallery Guesthouse.
Find the Best Scenic Rides in Wisconsin
After leaving the Harley Davidson Museum in Milwaukee, we have no doubt you'll be inspired to take a road trip across this beautiful state. The open road, the beautiful scenery, the warmth of the sun on your back, and nothing but the roar of the wind and your bike in your ears. It's a sense of peace that's hard to come by - but did you know that bike rides (both pedal-powered and Harley-Esque bikes) and B&B's pair well together? Depending on how much time you have, you can visit one or more areas of this incredible state, stringing together a trip from one Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast to the next. Wouldn't that be fun?
To give you a little inspiration for your upcoming road trip, here are a few of our favorite scenic drives in Wisconsin, most of which involve the Wisconsin Rustic Roads program.
- Roads 55 & 56 meanders through southwest Wisconsin's Driftless Area, where you can enjoy beautiful places like Wildcat Mountain State Park. Get in some more of Driftless Wisconsin's dramatic scenery on Rustic Road 66.
- Travel through the beautiful prairies and meander along the Wisconsin River in central Wisconsin on Rustic Road 49.
- Combine Rustic Roads 10, 86, and 115 in southeast Wisconsin for a sensational 12.7 mile drive through Wisconsin's Kettle Moraine State Forest - Southern Unit. While here, feel free to hike on the scenic Ice Age National Scenic Trail.
- Drive through a 300-year-old tunnel of oak trees along Rustic Road 90.
- If you're heading north, find your way to Rustic Road 105 and ride through the breathtaking Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest. This route will take you across the Smith Rapids Covered Bridge over the South Fork of the Flambeau River.
- Travel along the scenic St. Croix River in Western Wisconsin on Rustic Roads 101 and 103, and enjoy the dramatic sandstone bluffs and trees towering over the river.
- The longest Rustic Road in the state is road #32. Ride through beautiful hardwood forests and basque in the glory of the Thunder and Peshtigo Rivers. You'll be traveling through the waterfall capital of Wisconsin.
- Head to Waupaca County, and find three rustic roads grouped together, #'s 57, 23, and 24, which offer you the chance to drive alongside the Crystal River and the area's beautiful apple orchards.
Pit Stop at Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts
Between a visit to the Harley-Davidson Museum and the scenic rides above, you could spend weeks crisscrossing the state of Wisconsin and still not have covered it all. You'll make a good dent, though, and all along the way, you'll have the opportunity to stay at some of the best places in Wisconsin.
Wherever your travels take you in Wisconsin, you can be assured that when you stay with one of our members you are choosing to stay in some of the most outstanding lodging accommodations around the state. There is nothing standard about a stay at a Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast.
Our Wisconsin Innkeepers offer the best service and hospitality. Your day will always start with a delicious breakfast - which, as foodies, is a real point of pride for our Innkeepers. Going the extra mile to ensure you have everything you need during your stay, including personalized recommendations for places to go and things to see, comes standard with your stay. Are you ready to get out on the road and visit the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee? Start by booking a room at one of our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts today!