Discover the Wisconsin Bourbon Trail This Fall
Wisconsin is an unbeatably beautiful fall destination, but there are also plenty of fantastic things to do in Wisconsin in the fall. Have you heard of the Wisconsin Bourbon Trail yet? Wisconsin may not (yet) be on your radar as an excellent bourbon destination, but we assure you, it should be!
This fall, treat your senses to something delightful and plan to spend a few days exploring this beautiful state and sipping your way down the Wisconsin Bourbon Trail. We can't think of a better way to keep warm, have fun, and maybe even learn something! While you're enjoying all the best things to do in Wisconsin this fall, there's no better place to rest your head than one of our collection's Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts.
Choosing a great place to stay is crucial in crafting a memorable getaway. It is, after all, where you'll begin and end your day. Our Innkeepers will start your day off on the right food with a delicious, hearty, and freshly made breakfast for you. You can expect plenty of friendly hospitality throughout your stay, many amenities to keep you comfortable, and all the creature comforts you crave from home. In short, you'll find anything but an ordinary hotel stay here.
Join us for the best of fall on the Wisconsin Bourbon Trail this fall. Book your room at one of the best places to stay in Wisconsin today!
Discover the Wisconsin Bourbon Trail
Wisconsin has a long history when it comes to craft breweries and has even seen dramatic growth in the popularity of Wisconsin wineries. Bourbon, though, is a relative newcomer to the craft beverage scene in Wisconsin, and we couldn't be more thrilled about it. This fall is a great time to get out and explore the fantastic (and delicious) Wisconsin Bourbon Trail.
When you start to understand Wisconsin's deeply rooted agricultural history and its long dedication to locally grown and produced artisanal products, it's easy to see how something like the Wisconsin Bourbon Trail has taken root. The bourbons produced here offer bourbon lovers a distinct flavor and plenty of excellent craft beverage destinations worth visiting around the state.
You'll find locations on the Wisconsin Bourbon Trail in just about every region of the state - right along with some of the top-rated Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts! Below, we've compiled a list of some of the top stops on the Wisconsin Bourbon Trail near our collection of Inns- and we look forward to adding even more in the coming years!
- Central Standard Craft Distillery and the Great Lakes Distillery, both in Milwaukee
- Dancing Goat Distillery in Cambridge
- Dog & Shrub Distillery in Lake Mills
- Driftless Glen Distillery in Baraboo
- Handen Distillery in Cedarburg
- Door County Distillery in Sturgeon Bay
- Old Sugar Distillery and Yahara Bay Distillers in Madison
- Paradise North Distillery in Green Bay
- Time Keeper Distillery in Wausau
- Wollersheim Distillery in Prairie du Sac
7 More Great Things to do in Wisconsin This Fall
The Wisconsin Bourbon Trail, with stops in many of the most popular cities and destinations around the state, is a fantastic way to get out and explore this fall. Of course, you can't spend your entire vacation drinking at stops on the Wisconsin Bourbon Trail as much as you may want to. Luckily, while traveling around and tasting these delightful experiences, there are plenty more things to do in Wisconsin this fall.
From getting outside for scenic hikes, bike rides, and drives to apple picking and relaxing with a delicious glass of Wisconsin wine, you'll never run out of fun and exciting things to do this fall. Below, we've compiled a list of some of our favorite things to do in Wisconsin, along with a few recommendations on where to do them.
- Few things beat the natural beauty of hiking in Wisconsin, especially when choosing destinations like the Kettle Moraine State Forest.
- Like hiking, biking is one of the most popular things to do in Wisconsin - and there's certainly no shortage of great Wisconsin bike trails to explore this fall. Popular choices each fall include the Elroy-Sparta Trail, the Badger State Trail, the Fox River State Trail, the Gandy Dancer Trail, and so many more.
- Enjoy one of the many incredible scenic drives around the state for a more laid-back way to explore fall colors in Wisconsin. There are hundreds to choose from, but a few favorites include Wisconsin Rustic Roads, the Marinette County Waterfall tour, the Great River Road, the Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive, and the Baraboo Hills Scenic Drive.
- Another great place to enjoy the stunning natural beauty of Wisconsin in the fall is by visiting Wisconsin State Parks. We've listed some of the best Wisconsin state parks to see in the fall.
- Apple picking is a time-honored fall tradition in Wisconsin, and there are plenty of orchards to choose from. We created a roundup of some of our favorite places to go apple picking in Wisconsin earlier this year.
- While the primary focus of your trip may be the Wisconsin Bourbon Trail, don't skip a chance to visit the best wineries in Wisconsin this fall, either!
- Head to one of Wisconsin's many natural areas this fall for some bird or wildlife watching. Horicon Marsh Wildlife Preserve is a popular choice!
With exceptional service, a dedication to excellence in everything they do, and a fantastic range of amenities and accommodations, is it any wonder why our Inns are rated as the best places to stay in Wisconsin? Seek the unique this fall, and book a room at one of our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts today.