We're fully into the swing of 2023 and look forward to all the great things to do in Wisconsin over the upcoming year. With so much great hiking, biking, dining out, museums, and more to explore, let us add one more thing to your list; The American Players Theatre in Spring Green, Wisconsin.
The American Players Theatre is the country's most highly regarded theatrical group, with people traveling from all over to watch one or more of their outstanding performances. The 2023 season for the American Players Theatre was recently announced, and tickets will go on sale soon, so now is a time to plan your upcoming trips to this exciting attraction in Wisconsin.
While in the area, we invite you to enjoy the other great things to do in Spring Green, WI, and the surrounding areas. It's located in what we call the South-Central region of the state, an area known for its leading attractions like The American Players Theatre and Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin, fantastic biking trails, the beautiful Baraboo Hills area, the inviting waters of the Wisconsin River, and the state capital, Madison.
If you're looking for the perfect place to stay near Spring Green and The American Players Theatre this year, check out the nearby Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts, part of our unique collection of Inns that spans the state. Browse through our collection of Inns and plan your getaways today!
Attend the American Players Theatre in 2023
If you aren't yet considering attending the American Players Theatre in 2023, we hope you change your mind quickly! Their 2023 season was recently announced, and it promises to be another spectacular year of performances. Past patrons will have the first shot at purchasing tickets in March, and then they go on sale to the general public shortly after that.
There are two main venues at the American Plays Theatre: The main stage outdoors, On The Hill, and the indoor theatre, the Touchstone. The performances kick off in June with Merry Wives of Windsor On the Hill and continue from there with things like The Liar, Romeo & Juliet, Our Town, and Anton's Shorts. There are also several fantastic performances planned in the Touchstone, including Upon a Bridge, The Royale, and Wolf at the door.
The flagship stage at the American Players Theatre is the outdoor stage known as The Hill. It's located on the property so that it forms a natural amphitheater and has comfortable, cushioned seating for just over 1,000 patrons. To reach this stage, you'll need to either walk the 1/4 mile across the beautiful property or ride the complimentary shuttle, which starts running 45 minutes before each performance. Once there, there are restrooms, water, and concessions available.
The Indoor Touchstone Theater at the American Players Theatre is much smaller, seating only 201 patrons. This theatre is a short 5-minute walk from the parking lot, but there is also a shuttle for those guests who may need assistance. Upon arrival, there's a gift shop, concessions, and restrooms for your convenience.
One unique aspect of attending an American Players Theatre performance is the chance to picnic on these beautiful grounds before the event. Food vendors are available on-site, and plenty of outdoor picnic areas to enjoy. There are even sheltered picnic areas with gas grills for your use should you prefer to bring your own picnic supplies.
Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts near the American Players Theatre: Silver Star B&B Inn in Spring Green and Sheer Memories' Guest Cottage in Muscoda.
8 More Things to do in Spring Green, WI This Year
Though the American Players Theatre draws crowds from all across the country, there are more things to do in Spring Green, WI than just that. Another prominent attraction that draws hundreds of thousands of visitors yearly is Frank Lloyd Wright's famous home, Taliesin. Spring Green is, after all, the famed architect's hometown.
From visiting this architectural gem to embracing the natural beauty of this part of the state, you won't run out of things to do in Spring Green, WI. Below, we've compiled a list of some of our favorite things to do in Spring Green, WI - apart, of course, from attending a performance at the world-class American Players Theatre.
- Tour the awe-inspiring Taliesin, where you'll not only marvel at this magnificent home but also have the opportunity to learn more about this famed Wisconsin architect through various exhibits.
- The House on the Rock is another major draw to the area, where you can enjoy a fascinating journey through the various displays in the house. It opens for the season in March.
- Besides visiting the attractions above, one of the most popular things to do in Spring Green, WI is biking. There are several biking trails and routes in the area, including the Military Ridge State Trail and the Pine River Trail.
- Kayak or boat on the lower Wisconsin River, one of the most popular waterways in the state. This stretch of the river doesn't have dams or rapids and instead offers a beautiful, relaxed, flatwater paddling experience.
- One of the more popular things to do in Spring Green, WI, and the south-central region in general, is to seek out some delicious Wisconsin Cheese. Don't miss the nearby Arena Cheese or Cedar Grove Cheese factories.
- Spending a day in nature is another of the most popular things to do in Spring Green, WI, and the best places to do that are two nearby Wisconsin State Parks: Tower Hill State Park and Governor Dodge State Park.
- For even more great hiking, try heading to the beautiful Ferry Bluff State Natural Area overlooking a section of the Wisconsin River.
- Tee up and play a round of golf at nearby golf courses, including the one at The House on the Rock and Westbrook Hills Golf Course.
Of course, the more of these fun things to do in Spring Green, WI you choose to enjoy, the more time you'll want to spend in the area. Make sure your stay is comfortable, fun, and safe, and book a room at one of our Spring Green, WI Bed and Breakfasts today!