Just 20 minutes northeast of Milwaukee is one of the most popular getaway towns in the state, Cedarburg. Though there are plenty of great things to do in Cedarburg, WI, what keeps drawing couples to this area are two main things: (1) Its relative ease of access from Milwaukee and surrounding suburbs, and (2) the romantic mix of old-world charm, natural beauty, and fun activities for couples to enjoy during their romantic getaways.
Positioned along the scenic Cedar Creek and filled with historic architecture, you'll see the draw to this charming destination from the moment you arrive. First impressions aren't everything, though. There are also plenty of great things to do in Cedarburg, including great shopping, delicious restaurants, high-end art galleries and museums, fun festivals throughout the year, and so much more. Most of these attractions are nestled in historic buildings throughout Cedarburg's very walkable downtown, which makes an easy and fun afternoon during your couple's getaway.
Anytime there's a great destination in Wisconsin, you can expect to find a nearby Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast. That's true when it comes to Cedarburg, too! A nearby Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast means you can enjoy all the great things to do in Cedarburg, WI, and follow your adventures up with a cozy, romantic, and memorable getaway with your sweetheart, too.
Our vetted network of Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts are consistently rated as the top romantic getaways in Wisconsin, and it's easy to see why. See what continues to rank our Inns as the best places to stay in Wisconsin, and book your room at a top-rated Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast today!
10 Best Things to do in Cedarburg, WI, This Year
Now that spring is in full swing here in beautiful Wisconsin and summer is closer than ever, it's a great time to plan your upcoming getaways. There's no better place to enjoy a little fun and romance with your sweetheart than one of our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts. Our network of Inns is well-positioned around the state, including one just a short drive away from charming Cedarburg.
Whether you're looking for a day shopping with your best girlfriends or would rather walk hand in hand with your sweetheart through this beautiful, historic town, there are plenty of fun things to do in Cedarburg, WI, this year. From the upcoming Strawberry Festival to an afternoon of wine tasting, you won't have a moment to be bored. Below, we've compiled a list of some of our favorite things to do in Cedarburg, WI.
- If a romantic afternoon stroll sounds appealing, don't miss the stunning Cedarburg Covered Bridge Park. It's one of the most popular things to do in Cedarburg and is home to one of the state's last wooden covered bridges. Talk about a gorgeous place to enjoy a picnic! You can also canoe or kayak on the water here.
- Is there a better way to enjoy a summer afternoon in Wisconsin than wine tasting? Head to Cedar Creek Winery, one of the country's most recognized small regional wineries. You'll find it at the popular Cedar Creek Settlement.
- Speaking of the Cedar Creek Settlement, don't skip the chance to shop here. Shopping at this restore 1864 woolen mill is one of the most popular things to do in Cedarburg, WI.
- If you'd rather sip on a cold pint of beer than a crisp glass of wine, head to Fermentorium Brewery & Tasting Room in downtown Cedarburg. The tasting room is massive and features various traditional and experimental brews. Another great local brewery to visit is Rebellion Brewing.
- How about craft spirits? Cedarburg really does have it all! Cocktail lovers won't want to miss Handen Distillery, visits to which have quickly blossomed into one of the most popular things to do in Cedarburg.
- If you're looking for great places to grab a bite to eat, you're in luck! There's a great selection of Cedarburg restaurants to sample.
- Don't miss the opportunity to browse the exhibits at the Cedarburg Art Museum. It's one of the best things to do in Cedarburg, WI - and they also happen to have a beer garden that's open during the summer and fall, not to mention exciting Plein Air painting events!
- Also in Cedarburg is the Wisconsin Museum of Quilts & Fiber Arts, a fantastic place to admire the creative spirit running through Wisconsinites' core.
- Take a break outside and enjoy the scenic beauty of this part of the state. Taking a bike ride is one of the top things to do in Cedarburg, WI, and one of the best trails for it is the Ozaukee Interurban Trail, a 30-mile trail connecting the towns of Belgium, Cedarburg, Grafton, Mequon, Port Washington, and Thiensville.
- One of the very best things to do in Cedarburg, WI each year is to attend at least one of their signature events throughout the year. Coming up in June is one of our favorites, the annual Strawberry Fest. Others include the Wine & Harvest Festival in September and Oktoberfest in October.
The Best Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast Near Cedarburg: Hidden Serenity Bed and Breakfast in West Bend
Experience the Cedarburg Strawberry Festival
Is there anything more synonymous with summer than berry season? This bright red, deliciously sweet harbinger of the season is just one of the many reasons we love the Cedarburg Strawberry Festival - but attending this classic summertime event is also the perfect excuse to plan a getaway and enjoy all the other great things to do in Cedarburg, WI!
The 2023 Cedarburg Strawberry Festival will take place on June 24 & 25. The event draws upward of 100,000 people to Cedarburg and is a spectacularly fun event that offers visitors the chance to enjoy all things strawberry. Bite into a fresh, not-too-sweet strawberry shortcake, or sip on a glass of refreshingly unique strawberry wine. Strawberries may be the star of the show during this weekend in Cedarburg, but there's a bit more to the Cedarburg Strawberry Festival than this early summer berry.
The Cedarburg Strawberry Festival takes place in historic downtown Cedarburg. Another great feature of the Cedarburg Strawberry Festival is the popular Art on the Avenue portion of the weekend, which features various artists from Wisconsin and beyond. True to any festival weekend in Cedarburg, you can also expect great shopping, fun demonstrations, fantastic food, contests, live entertainment, and more.
Whether you come to town simply to enjoy the Cedarburg Strawberry Festival or you're there to experience the rest of the fantastic things to do in Cedarburg, WI, you'll likely want to spend at least a couple of days in the area. You'll undoubtedly enjoy a relaxing, memorable getaway with nearby lodging at one of the most romantic Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts. Seek the unique across Wisconsin this year, and book getaways at the top-rated Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts now!