Monday, October 31st, 2022 ~ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
(held in conjunction with our annual Midwest Independent Lodging Conference & Trade Show ~ November 1st - 3rd, 2022)
Chestnut Mountain Resort
8700 W Chestnut Mountain Rd
Galena, IL 61036
Aspiring Innkeeper Seminar Agenda
- Be A Part Of Something Bigger - No One Can Do It Alone, National/State Association -What & Why Important
- Getting Started In the B&B Business - Licensing, Insurance, Inspections, Airbnb, Zoning, Conditional Use Permits, Other
- Innkeeping - It's A Business
- Know Your P&L and Sample Chart of Accounts plus Other Data Innkeepers Should Track
- Be an Informed Inn-Buyer
- Financing Your Purchase-Options You Need To Know
- A Day In The Life Of An Innkeeper:
Hospitality, Customer Service, Burn-Out-You can't take care of your guests, if you don't take care of yourself", personal space, "typical" day/time chart, etc., policies
- Creating the Breakfast Experience:
Breakfast locations, time options, types/set-up, preparation time, presentation, plate garnish, coffee/tea stations, food trends, food waste management, food purchases-retail vs wholesale/other, recipes, dietary restrictions/food allergies/special diets, seasonal, local, farm-to-table, food trends
Website, Reservation Systems, OTA's, Book Direct, Pricing/Yield Management, Advertising/P.R., Photography, Google, Social Media, B&B trends, Space/Decor, Other
- How To Drive More Income-Experiences, Packages, Gift Shop, Weddings, Restaurant, Liquor sell (license)
- Q&A time throughout seminar
- AIS Certificate of Completion
After the topics, a Q&A session takes place. You’ll discover there’s more than one way to do it the right way! Topics can include amenity suppliers, first year experiences, events, where to market, policies, ‘green innkeeping’, combining outside jobs with innkeeping, etc.
Your seminar registration includes the Aspiring Innkeeper Workbook, WBBA mug, and beverages/refreshments & lunch.
A variety of innkeeping books can be purchased on site, such as: "Developing a Bed and Breakfast Business Plan", "Behind the Door Marked "Private"", "Notes From An Innkeeper's Journal", etc.
Aspiring Innkeeper Seminar Price
- First person: $195.00
- Each additional person of the same group: $125.00
- For Students: $100.00 - full time, proof required
- Includes meals and refreshments
Pricing includes seminar, workbook, WBBA mug, beverages/refreshments & lunch, and all taxes.
Aspiring innkeepers are also highly encouraged and welcomed to attend the Conference after the seminar for the special reduced conference price of $150.00 per person!
Please arrive by 8:45 am (15 minutes before the session begins) on Mondy to receive your materials and 'get settled'.
Note #1: You'll receive a full refund if it is necessary for you to cancel by letting us know 1 week prior to the seminar. 50% will be refunded if less than 1 week and no shows will be charged the entire amount.
Note #2: If you are trying to register less than 7 days prior to the seminar, phone the WBBA office to check availability.
Wisconsin Bed & Breakfast Association
644 Hillcrest Drive, Suite 7, Waupaca, WI 54981
Phone: 715-942-8180 ~ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will confirm your registration and include directions to the seminar site.