Stay Tuned For More Information on Future Seminars!
Aspiring Innkeeper Seminar Agenda
- Getting Started - licensing, zoning, contacts, and resources
- Financing a B&B - sources & resources, private lenders, and SBA loan guarantees
- Buying an Inn - financing, determining fair price, and types of ownership
- Insuring a B&B - property coverage, liability issues, and risk reduction
- Business Basics, Accounts/Records/Taxes, Structure, Business Plan, Operations, and Occupancy
- Marketing - what’s cost effective & what’s not, determining your niche and websites
- Guest / Property Management systems, Reservation / Availability systems
- Hospitality/Customer Service/Policies - Exceeding Guest Expectations but saving your sanity
- The Other "B"~ Breakfast! + Food & Beverages - What, When, Where & Accommodating Dietary Restrictions
- Grim Realities & Fun Stuff - a plethora of ideas and practices focusing on the innkeeper's lifestyle
After the topics above are exhausted, a Q&A session takes place. Here, you can ask the innkeeper panel your burning questions. You’ll discover there’s more than one way to do it the right way! Topics can include amenity suppliers, first year experiences, events, where to market, policies, ‘green innkeeping’, combining outside jobs with innkeeping, etc.
Your seminar registration includes the Aspiring Innkeeper Workbook and lunch/beverages/afternoon snack.
Also available, a binder that can be purchased at registion or on site: Aspiring Innkeeper Binder - "WBBA The Business Of Innkeeping: Getting Started" - $125.00, a comprehensive binder that includes information on licensing and legalities, ADA, business development, marketing, property management, purchasing an inn, & information on the WBBA organization.
In addition to the binder, a variety of innkeeping books can be purchased on site, such as: "Developing a Bed and Breakfast Business Plan", "Behind the Door Marked "Private"", "Notes From An Innkeeper's Journal", etc.
Aspiring Innkeeper Seminar Price
- One person: $295.00
- Two people: $390.00
- For Students: $100.00 - full time, proof required
Pricing includes seminar, workbook, lunch/beverages/afternoon snack, and all taxes.
Please arrive by 8:45 am (15 minutes before the session begins) to receive your materials and 'get settled'. Your registration fee includes refreshments and lunch.
Note #1: You'll receive a full refund if it is necessary for you to cancel by letting us know 1 week prior to the seminar. 50% will be refunded if less than 1 week and no shows will be charged the entire amount.
Note #2: If you are trying to register less than 7 days prior to the seminar, phone the WBBA office to check availability.
Wisconsin Bed & Breakfast Association
644 Hillcrest Drive, Suite 7, Waupaca, WI 54981
Phone: 715-942-8180 ~ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will confirm your registration and include directions to the seminar site.