Date: Monday, November 29th, 2021
To Be Held in Conjunction With Our Annual Midwest Independent Lodging Conference on November 30th - December 1st
Location: Embassy Suites by Hilton ~ Milwaukee - Army Room
1200 South Moorland Road
Brookfield, WI 53005
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Registration Opening Soon
Aspiring Innkeeper Seminar Agenda
- Be A Part Of Something Bigger - No One Can Do It Alone, National/State Association -What & Why Important
- Getting Started In the B&B Business - Licensing, Insurance, Inspections, Airbnb, Zoning, Conditional Use Permits, Other
- Innkeeping - It's A Business
- Know Your P&L and Sample Chart of Accounts plus Other Data Innkeepers Should Track
- Be an Informed Inn-Buyer
- Financing Your Purchase-Options You Need To Know
- A Day In The Life Of An Innkeeper:
Hospitality, Customer Service, Burn-Out-You can't take care of your guests, if you don't take care of yourself", personal space, "typical" day/time chart, etc., policies
- Creating the Breakfast Experience:
Breakfast locations, time options, types/set-up, preparation time, presentation, plate garnish, coffee/tea stations, food trends, food waste management, food purchases-retail vs wholesale/other, recipes, dietary restrictions/food allergies/special diets, seasonal, local, farm-to-table, food trends
Website, Reservation Systems, OTA's, Book Direct, Pricing/Yield Management, Advertising/P.R., Photography, Google, Social Media, B&B trends, Space/Decor, Other
- How To Drive More Income-Experiences, Packages, Gift Shop, Weddings, Restaurant, Liquor sell (license)
- Q&A time throughout seminar
- AIS Certificate of Completion
After the topics, a Q&A session takes place. You’ll discover there’s more than one way to do it the right way! Topics can include amenity suppliers, first year experiences, events, where to market, policies, ‘green innkeeping’, combining outside jobs with innkeeping, etc.
Your seminar registration includes the Aspiring Innkeeper Workbook, WBBA mug, and beverages/refreshments & lunch.
Also available, a binder that can be purchased at registration or on site: Aspiring Innkeeper Binder - "WBBA The Business Of Innkeeping: Getting Started" - $125.00, a comprehensive binder that includes information on licensing and legalities, ADA, business development, marketing, property management, purchasing an inn, & information on the WBBA organization.
In addition to the binder, a variety of innkeeping books can be purchased on site, such as: "Developing a Bed and Breakfast Business Plan", "Behind the Door Marked "Private"", "Notes From An Innkeeper's Journal", etc.
Aspiring Innkeeper Seminar Price
- First person: $195.00
- Each additional person of the same group: $125.00
- For Students: $100.00 - full time, proof required
Please join us for our 2-day Midwest Independent Lodging Conference & Trade Show after the seminar on November 30th - December 1st (Tuesday - Wednesday) for the special reduced price of $150.00 per person.
- Includes meals and refreshments
Pricing includes seminar, workbook, WBBA mug, beverages/refreshments & lunch, and all taxes.
Please arrive by 8:45 am (15 minutes before the session begins) on Mondy to receive your materials and 'get settled'.
Note #1: You'll receive a full refund if it is necessary for you to cancel by letting us know 1 week prior to the seminar. 50% will be refunded if less than 1 week and no shows will be charged the entire amount.
Note #2: If you are trying to register less than 7 days prior to the seminar, phone the WBBA office to check availability.
Wisconsin Bed & Breakfast Association
644 Hillcrest Drive, Suite 7, Waupaca, WI 54981
Phone: 715-942-8180 ~ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will confirm your registration and include directions to the seminar site.