Midwest Independent Lodging Conference
& Trade Show
Presented by: The Wisconsin Bed & Breakfast Association
Welcoming B&B's, Inns & Independent Lodging Throughout The Midwest
Exhibitors - Information and seperate registration can be found HERE.
2022 Information Coming Soon!
A Look Back to Our 2021 Conference:
Brookfield, WI 53005
Wednesday, December 1st from 10 am - 12 pm
The conference will have a variety of topics pertinent to innkeeping today. Together with our industry experts and vendor partners, we will explore the issues, challenges, and opportunities to enhance the guest experience, grow our business, and be the best innkeeper we can as we balance it all!
Midwest Independent Lodging Conference Highlights To Date
Technology, Trends, Tips & Topics You Need To Know
General Sessions and Work & Share Sessions
*All times listed are approximate and subject to change*
Tuesday, November 30
* Vendor Set-up/Registration - 7:00am-10:00am - Vestibule Outside of Conference Rooms
* Registration Opens - 8:00am - Vestibule Outside of Conference Rooms
* Vendor Mart ~ Shop Early for early-bird specials! - 8:00am-10:00am - Diplomat IV & V
* Welcome, Introductions, Vendor Sponsor & Exhibitor Introductions - 10:15am-10:45am - Diplomat I, II, & III
* Opening Session Speaker - “Make a Difference in Someone’s Life” - A Story of Mission-Focused Customer Service - Steve Wrobel, Public Relations, Kwik Trip, Inc. - You may have done this too. You go out of your way to stop at a Kwik Trip store. Why? CUSTOMER SERVICE. When part of your mission statement is to treat customers personally, and the way you would want to be treated, that says a lot. Join us and explore the key role you hold in creating a culture of purpose-filled customer service. - 10:45am-11:30am - Diplomat I, II, & III
* Break - 11:30am-11:45am
* General Session - "5 Simple Things to Enhance Your Business" - Nathan Mayfield, Vice President, ResNexus - The hospitality industry is going through a fast paced fusion between technology and meaningful personal interactions. In this presentation we will go over 5 simple things to enhance your business and provide meaningful interactions throughout the traveler's journey. Some of these enhancements include connecting sooner through Google's free booking link, guest engagement tools, and protecting your business from last minute cancellations due to illness. - 11:45am-12:30pm - Diplomat I, II, & III
* Lunch To Take To Next Speaker Session - 12:30pm-1:00 pm
* General Session - "Making Breakfast Memorable For All Guests: Tips To Delight Those With Dietary Restrictions" - Deirdre Lee, Co-Branch Manager of the Gluten Intolerance Group of Chicago and Advocate Leader and Lori Welstead, Registered Dietitian, Nutrition Advisor, and Co-Branch Manager of the Gluten Intolerance Group of Chicago - Learn the ins and outs of several dietary restrictions (e.g, gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, nut allergies, etc) and walk away with a basic understanding as well as practical tips for menu planning ideas, substitutions, pre-packaged items, resources and more. Q&A will follow so Innkeepers can bring their questions and experiences. - 1:00pm-1:45pm - Diplomat I, II, III
* Break - 1:45pm-2:00pm
* General Session -"Does My Chicken Qualify as a Service Animal?" - Kris Ullmer, CEO of the Association of Lodging Professionals - While that question's answer is a simple 'no', what about Service, Therapy, and Emotional Support Animals? What's the difference? What is the access level of each to public accommodations and your lodging property? Do you have to fix breakfast for Fido too? Does your 'no pets policy' apply? From 'arf' to 'woof', we'll cover it! - 2:00pm-2:45pm - Diplomat I, II, & III
* Break - 2:45pm-3:00 pm
* General Session - "Saving Money on Payment Processing and Preventing Credit Card Fraud and Chargebacks" - Wynn Salisch, Principal at Casablanca Ventures - Wynn will clearly explain how the payment processing world works and how you can protect your inn and yourself from fraud, chargebacks, and excessive fees. - 3:00pm-3:45pm - Diplomat I, II, & III
* Vendor Mart & Reception - 3:45pm-6:15pm - Diplomat IV & V
* Happy Hour - 5:15pm-6:15pm
* Dinner - 6:30pm
Wednesday, December 1
* Vendor Mart - Shop Early for early-bird specials! - 7:00am-8:30am - Diplomat IV & V
* Welcome Back - 8:30am-8:45am
* General Session - “Weathering the Storm: State of the Industry and the Traveler’s Perspective" - Janice Hurley, General Manager at BnBFinder - A survey of registered bnbfinder.com travelers recently revealed that more than 83-percent of respondents are ready to travel again. In addition, nearly 70-percent of survey respondents rank B&B lodging as their preferred lodging as soon as they can vacation again, beating out hotels and vacation rentals. Join Janice and take a deep dive into the latest B&B traveler and innkeeper surveys and learn how you can take advantage of emerging trends of today’s ever-changing travelers. - 8:45am-9:30am - Diplomat I, II, & III
* Break - 9:30am-10:00am
* WBBA Annual Working Meeting - 10:00am-12:00pm
* Lunch & Vendor Mart - 12:00pm-1:30pm
* General Session - "I Like Big Bucks: Power-Up Your Profitability" - E. Scot Fuller-Beatty, Director of Sales & Education at ThinkReservations - You’ve heard that implementing a variety of yield management strategies is one of the most effective ways to increase revenue for your business. You may have laid the groundwork and are benefitting from your efforts… but now you want to know more! Join E Scot Fuller-Beatty as he shares ideas for taking your yield management practices to the next level. The basics will be covered briefly, but then you’ll want to fasten your seatbelts as we deep dive into strategies along with sharing tips and tricks used by properties and marketing agencies alike. - 1:30 pm-2:15 pm - Diplomat I, II, & III
* General Session - Innkeeper to Innkeeper - Topics You Want To Discuss With Those Who Know Best ~ An Interactive Session -Hosted by Chris Cochran - Hidden Serenity B&B, West Bend, and Keri Klein - Katherine Holle House, Watertown - 2:15pm-2:45pm - Diplomat I, II, & III
* Closing Comments, Distribution of Vendor Giveaway/Drawings! - 2:45pm-3:15pm
Stay Tuned To This Page As Conference Details Are Finalized and Updated Here!
MIDWEST INDEPENDENT LODGING CONFERENCE CANCELLATION POLICY - Should a conflict arise, you may cancel your registration with full refund up to 7 days prior to the conference or November 23th, 2021. After that date, refunds are not possible. You must put your cancellation in writing to the WBBA offices directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAYMENT OPTIONS - Payment accepted with completed registration via check or PayPal. If paying by check, send the address listed below after completing registration. You do not need to have a PayPal account if paying by credit card (via PayPal).
Wisconsin Bed & Breakfast Association
644 Hillcrest Drive
Waupaca, WI 54981
The WBBA takes the health and safety of all the sponsors, exhibitors, and attendees of our conference very seriously. Please be assured that during any in-person portion of our conference, social distancing and all Wisconsin mandates at the time will be practiced.
Check back often as our page is continuously updated!
The Wisconsin Bed & Breakfast Association Thanks Our Sponsors
and ALL Our Vendor Partners for Their Support Of Our Annual Conference!
Check back often as this page is continously updated!
With over 100 years of industry expertise, our new ownership and team has improved the leading directory for the industry we love — no contract, no mandatory real-time reservations, website traffic and bookings sent directly to you!
Wynn Salisch - Principal
245 West 104th Street #4E
New York, NY 10025
America’s only hotelier-owned merchant payments advocate dedicated to helping fellow Innkeepers successfully navigate the complex and confusing world of credit card processing with completely free, no-obligation cost reduction and data security assistance. Casablanca works with dozens of top-notch payment processors and technology providers around the world to find the best solutions for your specific needs, and our highly personal and responsive client service has given us the highest client loyalty rate in the payments industry.
Spend less time on marketing and more on hospitality. We exist to help hospitality professionals book more customers. Whether you are an innkeeper, hotelier, restaurateur, masseuse, or stylist, our mission is to help you generate more bookings.
Nathan Mayfield - Vice President
Eric Hansen - Red Carpet Professional
185 East 200 North
Salem, UT 84653
ResNexus is an all-in-one, professional-grade property management software for any business operating a reservation system. With unmatched support and industry innovation, ResNexus captures more reservations and gives you extra freedom to run your business effectively.
E. Scot Fuller-Beatty - Director of Sales & Education
Laura Scheidegger - Account Executive
Andrew Wall - Product Manager
1700 7th Ave Ste 116 #173
Seattle, WA 98101
877-736-4195 ext. 703
ThinkReservations provides a fast, professional, and comprehensive property management system for your lodging business. Integrated payment processing, outstanding customer support, and direct integrations with a wide range of respected partners make growing your business easy. As a team of industry professionals with real-world lodging experience, we understand your day-to-day operations and speak your language. We’re dedicated to continuously finding new ways to make your business more profitable and productive. Save time. Increase revenue. Be a Thinker. Ask us about getting 3 months for free when you signup before or at the conference!
It is important to you to operate a successful business whether you are an innkeeper, independent lodging owner, a unique lodging property, a hospitality professional, an aspiring hospitality professional, or an allied partner that supports our industry with your products and services. Operating a unique lodging property requires a variety of skills and access to resources. Marketing, management, staffing, finance, technology, legal issues, cooking, decorating, cleaning, safety, customer service, keeping up with guest trends, and advocating for your industry - the list is practically endless.
We are a luxury robe and bath towel company with in house embroidery and no minimums on orders.
The Frictionless Guest App provides a touchless way to connect with your guests and communicate everything about your property and offerings, as well as your recommendations of things to do during their stay. Increase revenues and improve the guest experience without adding more to your day. WBBA Members receive a 10% discount.
Get Heads In Beds
Randy Bangs - Managing Partner
521 Grant Street
Wausau, WI 54403
Get Heads in Beds is a pay for performance BnB consulting firm that helps clients grow profitably and gives clients the tools to maintain that new found level of success for years to come. We have successfully worked with several WBBA members over the past few years and would be happy to share references with anyone that might be interested. We are excited about this year's conference and look forward to establishing new relationships in 2020-21.
GOT VIDEO? Show them, tell them, create a mood and personal connection... with VIDEO! Potential guests discover your inn through your website and social media. Speak directly to them with video production by Gifford Video. Pictures are 2 dimensional, but video stimulates to action. Footage from drones, steady cams, sliders, and GoPros combine for captivating presentations. The cherry on top is YOU describing your warm and welcoming inn.
Video samples at GIFFORDVIDEO.COM
VIDEO MARKETING WORKS!
IMS has one objective for our member businesses; increase sales while saving you cash. To make sure that your business continues to grow through our barter network, we actively market your goods and services to our international community of member companies.
An Interim Innkeeper is a person or couple who has developed the knowledge, skills and experiences necessary to successfully operate a Bed & Breakfast, Country Inn, Boutique Hotel, or Family Resort during the absence of the owner-operator or resident innkeeper. An Interim Innkeeper keeps abreast of new trends and practices through involvement in industry associations, training programs and seminars.
rezStream has over two decades of lodging industry experience, having served 1000s of properties in the US with reservation software and marketing services. We are passionate about making better lodging simplified. Our Suite includes a cloud-based property management system and online booking engine, digital marketing, and a turn-key content management system website.
Logan Marketing has been working with Wisconsin Innkeepers since the early 2000s. We have developed more websites for Wisconsin B&Bs than any other during our 27 years of business. Currently, Logan Marketing manages the marketing of the WBBA website through organic site optimization, high converting blog content, and Google Ads Management. Come and see us at the conference and find out why so many WBBA members decide to work with us.
Driving economic impact is one of the most measurable and impactful categories of work that can be done in state tourism. At the Wisconsin Department of Tourism, we develop statewide campaigns, support industry stakeholders, and propel strategic growth as we leverage the things that are uniquely Wisconsin.