It's no secret that Wisconsin's brewing legacy was cemented long ago, with big names, like Miller and Pabst calling the state home. The state's earliest breweries date back to around the 1830s when German immigrants moving into the state brought with them their heritage and time-tested brewing techniques. And, while the beer scene is Wisconsin has come full-circle, with many small towns now harboring microbreweries, it's not the only craft beverage scene worth checking out when you visit one of our Wisconsin Inns. The Wineries in Wisconsin have quite the storied history themselves, with the oldest winery in the state dating back to the 1840s. Plan a trip to a Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast this summer or fall, and spend a few days wine tasting your way through the best wineries in Wisconsin.
10 of the Best Wineries in Wisconsin
The wines of Wisconsin are unique unto themselves, mostly produced with the cold-hardy grapes that thrive in our climate. To date, there are over 100 wineries in Wisconsin, which means you can easily spend a few days sampling the best of them. We've narrowed our list down to 10 of the best wineries in Wisconsin, each of which is near at least one of our member Inns. Enjoy sampling and tasting your way around our incredible state!
- Wollersheim Winery in Prairie du Sac is probably the most well-known of the wineries in Wisconsin. It was first established in the 1840s and has been ranked as one of America's top 10 winery tours on TripAdvisor. Add to the trip a delightful garden to stroll in the spring, summer, and fall months, and this is one winery that is well worth the visit.
- At North Leaf Winery in Milton, you can not only taste the wine, but the tour the facility where they make, bottle, and sell the wine.
- Cedar Creek Winery in Cedarburg, located in a historic building dating back to the 1860s, sits on the banks of Cedar Creek. It's a beautiful place for wine tasting, and they are well known for their dry red wines, Marquette and Con Vivant.
- Head to Harbor Ridge Winery on Wisconsin's beautiful Door Peninsula, where you'll find a diverse selection of award-winning wines in a relaxing and peaceful setting. It's quintessential Door County.
- Trout Springs Winery, just outside of Green Bay, is small but worth the visit. They were recently hailed as the Winery of the Year by the Wisconsin Grape Growers Association.
- The Chateau St. Croix Winery in St. Croix Falls, sits on a picturesque European-style estate and offers plenty of old-world charm. They offer a 30-minute tour that includes sampling some of their best wine, as well as more extensive private tours. Their tasting room is beautiful and filled with art, providing a true feast for the senses that this one-of-a-kind winery.
- Belle Vinez, which translates to beautiful vines, is a family-run winery in northern Wisconsin, near the town of River Falls. They offer a range of wines and some delicious menu items that will tease your tastebuds.
- Baraboo Bluff Winery is a quaint winery in the heart of the Driftless area, near the town of Baraboo. Not only will you enjoy delicious wines, but you'll take in breathtakingly beautiful panoramic views of the area as you sip.
- Located just south of La Crosse, you'll find Branches Winery in the charming town of Westby. Their award-winning wines will delight your taste buds. Their wines are crafted from 10 varietals of cold-hearty grapes and other fruits, producing a flavor combination you won't find anywhere else.
- Vernon Vineyards, another winery in the La Crosse area, embraces the meaning of locally grown. Their wine is made from grapes grown only in the Driftless Region of Wisconsin in their private vineyard.
Many of these wineries also host fun events throughout the summer and into the fall harvest months, adding even more dimension to your tour of the best wineries in Wisconsin. If you're looking for even more wine-related adventures, try traveling down the Great River Road Wine Trail; a collection of 12 wineries near the Upper Mississippi River. Not all of the wineries are located in Wisconsin, but those that are, are worth the stop.
Relax at a Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast
Thankfully, there are a number of Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts located near the state's top wineries. Whether you spend a single afternoon sipping wine at one of these incredible wineries before heading off on a new adventure, or you spend a series of days visiting the best of Wisconsin's wineries, our Inns make lodging an easy choice. Just as no two cities in Wisconsin are alike, so, too, are Wisconsin's finest bed and breakfasts. Our Inns offer an incredible range of lodging, from urban and contemporary to rural and historic. Only one thing is guaranteed, and that is an authentic experienced catered to you with exceptional hospitality. From the moment you step across the threshold at one of our member Inns, you'll see the difference. Use our search tool to find the perfect Inn for you, and book your getaway to Wisconsin today.
Author: Classic Turkish Towels
Date: 2019-08-28 01:00:22
Amazing to see your work and equality for the Inn we are glad to see that much from you Turkish towel