Book Direct - Why It's Important
Book Direct - Why It's Important
Why Book Direct?
When you commit to book direct, you will find deals and offers you won't find anywhere else! You will not have access to these "perks" when booking through an online travel agency (OTA) such as Expedia, Airbnb, Orbitz, Travelocity, and Booking.com, for example. Not to mention, you will pay less when you book direct with a B&B!
When booking direct, you:
- are usually guaranteed the lowest pricing available.
- work directly with the property in case of changes, delays, or cancellation.
- typically will not have to pay additional booking, change, or cancellation fee.
- will enjoy exclusive benefits.
- can take advantage of special deals or amenities.
- are supporting small business, with owners who love what they do and play an important role in supporting their local communities.
A reservation booked directly with a bed and breakfast innkeeper or via the B&B’s website will assure that you get:
- the maximum choices of available rooms and dates.
- the potential of last-minute price deals.
- real, personalized answers to questions about the B&B and the area.
How to Avoid the Service Fees
Service fees that online travel agency (OTA) charge can add up. They certainly publicize throughout the web, social media, and beyond that they have the best deals. OTAs make their money by charging either the traveler who books a room, the place of lodging, or even both in some cases. Simply put, Book Direct on the B&B’s website instead to avoid these service fees.
Expedia, Airbnb, Orbitz, Travelocity, and Booking.com are all examples of OTAs. Even Google search adds in a “Book A Room” button that can be deceiving. Many times travelers think Google’s blue “Book A Room” button goes directly to the hotel or B&B, or that they didn’t know where it goes. It goes to the OTA, not to the B&B!
With Airbnb, for example, the property owner gives up at least 3 percent of the room price. For the traveler, the service fee can range from 5 percent to 15 percent. Airbnb doesn’t explain in any detail how it calculates the fee.
In addition to paying the service fee, the traveler pays the entire cost of the stay at time of booking. If you book a B&B direct, your deposit could be as little as the cost of one room night, with payment of the balance after your stay.
Other Benefits of Book Direct
If you go directly to the inn’s website, you will see detailed information and pictures so you get to know where you will be staying, but also:
- All available rooms for the days you want will be shown on the B&B’s own booking calendar. Many innkeepers may not let the OTAs rent their best or most popular rooms. Or, if they do, it may only be during the inns slower times of the year.
- All dates can be searched on the inn’s own reservation system. An innkeeper can block out dates when no rooms will be available on an OTA.
- You might find last-minute deals, specials or packages. It may even be a last-minute room discount, not covered by the inn’s contract with the OTA. It’s always best to see these potential perks directly on the B&B’s website.
- You get the opportunity to get personalized information in answer to questions or issues important to you.
When it comes to making reservations for a B&B, who serves you better? The OTAs by charging you fees with little personal assistance or the small business owners, the innkeepers with the heart for hospitality, that do it best. We hope you choose to book direct for friendly, personal, and knowlegeable customer service!
Book Direct Here
Check out our availability calendar by clicking the button below. Choose the dates you wish to travel, find an inn by their availability, click on the "go to website" button, and book direct!
Check Availability Now