This fall is a great time to visit Wisconsin. Wisconsin's fall colors are starting to show hints of their upcoming autumnal display, families and kids are back in their school routines, Wisconsin State Parks are seeing fewer crowds by the day, and yet the weather is still mild and perfectly enjoyable. There are plenty of great things to do in Wisconsin this fall, but we think it's the perfect time to visit Madison. Madison is the state capital and home to the University of Wisconsin Madison, but there are plenty more reasons to visit this incredible city. Elevate your experience this fall, and choose to stay at one of our friendly Bed and Breakfasts. There are several in the Madison area offering unique accommodations, and most importantly they all offer exceptional service and hospitality. Come see what Madison Wisconsin has in store for you this fall!
10 Great Things to do in Madison Wisconsin This Fall
Madison Wisconsin is a destination like no other. Your vacation can be adventure-packed, foodie-focused, or all about relaxation. Whatever it is you choose to do, you can count on a comfortable place to land from any of our member Bed and Breakfasts. In the meantime, to help you get started planning, here are 10 of our favorite things to do in Madison Wisconsin this fall:
- Go biking! Madison is actually one of the most bike-friendly cities in the country and is hailed as the bike capital of the midwest. There are over 200 miles of trails to explore in and around the city.
- Visit the Dane County Farmers Market. It's one of the biggest markets of its kind in the country, and a veritable feast for the senses each fall. Their Wednesday and Saturday markets are open for the season through early November 2019.
- Enjoy Madison's incredible foodie scene. Summer crowds in the capital city are starting to diminish, leaving more room in the city's most popular restaurants this fall. Madison was named in Fox News' "Unlikely Foodie Cities" article, and actually has the most restaurants per capita than any other city in the U.S. If you're short on time or don't quite know where to start, take a food tour with Madison Eats
- Take a tour of the state capitol building in Madison. Don't forget to rub the honey badger's nose on the way in for good luck!
- Explore Madison's lakeshore while kayaking on beautiful Lake Mendota.
- Visit the Olbrich Botanical Gardens. The gardens bloom throughout all four seasons but are absolutely magical during the fall.
- As the sun goes down, it's time to sample Madison's local libations. Madison is home to incredible craft breweries, wineries, and distilleries.
- For something a little different and definitely unique to Wisconsin, visit the National Mustard Museum. Consider taking the unique mustard bites culinary tour.
- Pick your sport and catch a game with the University of Wisconsin Badgers. Local support and enthusiasm for the Badgers are catching. Gameday in Madison is an experience like no other.
- Visit the Chazen Museum of Art, the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art, or browse Madison's extensive selection of art galleries.
Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts Near Madison
No one knows more about the wonderful things to do in Wisconsin, including those unique experiences to Madison, and even things that are off-the-beaten-path, than our Innkeepers. There are nine Bed and Breakfasts within the Madison area to choose from, each of which is licensed, inspected, and approved by our association and ready to offer you exceptional care and hospitality this fall. Relax and enjoy as you seek the unique in Madison Wisconsin this fall.