Great Madison Breweries to Visit This Winter
If you're looking for something fun to do while vacationing in Wisconsin this winter, we think you'd be hard-pressed to beat a city to the state capital, where you can sample your way through several delicious brews at Madison breweries. Of course, there are way more things to do in Madison than drink beer, but the craft brew scene at Madison breweries has exploded into a feast of flavors that can't be ignored.
There are some fantastic Wisconsin breweries around the state, each of which is dedicated to their craft. With beer trails and craft brew communities all across the state, it'd be easy to extend your vacation far beyond Madison breweries, especially when you partner with Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts for your lodging. Our Inns are located in some of the top beer-loving communities around the state and offer you a lodging experience you can't find at traditional hotels.
Like brewers, the Innkeepers that belong to the Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast Association are dedicated to their craft and would love more than to share their welcoming hospitality with you this winter. Plan a trip to visit the best Madison breweries, and stay for the cozy comfort of our Wisconsin Inns. Book your getaway today!
The Best Madison Breweries to Visit This Winter
Wisconsin's beer culture ranks up there with delicious Wisconsin cheese and the legendary Green Bay Packers. There are some great Wisconsin breweries located around the state, including this list of Madison breweries. Once upon a time, big industry giants ruled the Wisconsin beer market, but that isn't the case anymore. As the growing community of craft breweries crops up around the state, beer lovers are rewarded with brewing techniques and flavors that are distinctly Wisconsin.
Madison breweries are a perfect example of a new breed of Wisconsin breweries. The beer scene in Madison is bursting at the seams with delicious and inventive flavors, inspired spaces, and all-around great beer. There are 14 Madison breweries in total, and below we have what many consider the five best breweries in the capital city.
- Sour beer lovers, mark the Funk Factory Guezeria at the top of your list. Their brews are known as lambics, a traditional Belgian beer aged for about three years. They also are known for some of the fastest-selling online releases in the industry, which speaks volumes about their dedicated fan base.
- Working Draft Beer Company is a great place to get a solid, smooth pint of beer. Alongside their beer, you can also order some delicious food from Tortillas Los Angeles.
- One of the first Madison breweries to come on the scene was Ale Asylum, founded in 2005. Their most popular brews are Bedlam and Mercy. Their l large taproom is a great place to hang out and sample a variety of beers.
- Karben4 Brewing, which produces the infamous Fantasy Factory Label, is an absolute must-do on the Madison craft brewing scene. All you have to do is read their mission statement, and you'll be hooked.
- If you love hop-forward beers, don't miss the brews found at One Barrel Brewing Company. Their tavern offers an excellent, laid-back vibe, and their beers are perfect for a varied group of beer lovers.
Where to stay near Madison: The Buckingham Inn, Hotel Ruby Marie, The Speckled Hen Inn, and The Livingston Inn.
More Fantastic Wisconsin Breweries to Discover
As great as these Madison breweries are, they are just a drop in the bucket when it comes to amazing beer-focused trips to Wisconsin. Here are some of the best Wisconsin Breweries around the state:
- 3 Sheeps Brewing in Sheboygan near Rochester Inn. This brewery is one of the most well-known Wisconsin breweries in the state. Though many of their beers can be found around Wisconsin, they have some that are only available in the taproom.
- Sand Creek Brewing Company is one of the largest Wisconsin breweries. It's located in Black River Falls and has won a gold medal at the World Cup 3 times. That's impressive! The closest Inns to this brewery include Justin Trails Resort and Four Gables Bed and Breakfast.
- At Central Waters Brewing, near Waupaca, you'll find the perfect marriage of craft brews and environmental sustainability. They use green packaging and solar-heated water in their operations and lead the way with this new generation of business owners. Nearby, stay at the Apple Tree Lane Bed and Breakfast or the Green Fountain Inn.
- No list of great Wisconsin breweries would be complete without New Glarus Brewing, located just south of Madison and famous for their delicious Spotted Cow and Wisconsin Belgian Red brews. They've also consistently been ranked as one of the world's ten best breweries at the World Brewery Championship. Visit the Cameo Rose Victorian Country Inn for nearby lodging.
- One of the most storied Wisconsin Breweries still in operation is Capital Brewery in Middleton, just outside Madison. This brewery was established in 1984 and by 1998 was named the #1 brewery in the United States and the #7 brewery in the world by the Beverage Testing Institute. They've also won numerous titles at the United States Open Beer Championship over the years.
As you make your way around the state, make sure to enjoy the hospitality at Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts. Nowhere else will you find such a unique range of properties and warm, welcoming hospitality. Our Inns are conveniently located near the state's top attractions, including the Madison breweries listed here, along with top wineries, state parks, museums, and more. Seek the unique this winter, and book your getaway to one of our extraordinary Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts today.