Visit Willow River State Park This Spring
Willow River State Park is easily one of the most beautiful state parks in Wisconsin, and it's one of the most popular things to do in Hudson, Wisconsin. The park is situated just north of the charming community of Hudson, which is on the picturesque St. Croix River. At the heart of Willow River State Park is its namesake, Willow Falls, which is a breathtaking sight to behold.
Beyond just marveling at the sheer power of mother nature, there are plenty of things to do at Willows River State Park and in the surrounding area. Spring is a particularly wonderful time to visit the park. The water nears its most powerful, spring flowers are starting to bloom, and the busy crowds of summer have yet to appear. Willow River State Park is also a great place to enjoy some hiking and fishing, and it's even available in the winter for snowshoeing and cross country skiing should you find yourself in the area.
Apart from visiting Willow River State Park, the town of Hudson is a wonderful place to spend a few days, especially when you spend it at a Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast. The Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast Association features a diverse network of Inns around the state, all of which work hard to provide a unique lodging experience and one that far exceeds your expectations. We offer guests exquisite hospitality and an incomparable opportunity to relax and seek balance.
This spring, carve out some time for yourself and explore beautiful Wisconsin with us. Book a room at our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast near Willow River State Park today!
Enjoy the Best of Willow River State Park in Wisconsin
A visit to Willow River State Park is easily one of the most popular activities for people visiting the northwestern part of Wisconsin. It's located near the charming town of Hudson, which itself is a gorgeous place to visit, as it's situated on the St. Croix River. Willow Falls is beautiful, but what is really impressive about Willow River State Park is the 200-foot Willow River Gorge that the water comes barreling through.
Whether you're here on a hot summer day or a brisk spring or fall afternoon, Willow River State Park never disappoints. There are plenty of things to do here, including the following:
- There are 13 miles of scenic hiking trails within Willow Falls State Park. It's a great way to explore the park and take in various views. The Hidden Ponds Nature Trail is accessible and wheelchair-friendly.
- Within Willow River State Park is Little Falls Lake. There's a swimming beach on the lake, and it's also an excellent place for kayaking, canoeing, and boating. There's a boat launch, and rentals are available.
- Visit the Nature Center at Willow River State Park, which features a variety of live and hands-on displays showcasing the plant and animal life that lives here. Some naturalists host regular programs throughout the year.
- You can also fish in the Willow River, where you'll find species like panfish and bass and even some trout upstream of the dam.
- Pack a picnic and enjoy it by the roar of Willow Falls. This is especially lovely on a hot summer day.
- Bring your bikes or rent some locally, and explore on the paved Little Falls Trail or one of the designated mountain biking trails in the park.
Make sure you come back and enjoy Willow River State Park in the winter, too, when the landscapes have taken on entirely new characteristics! And, of course, in summer, the river opens up to be a veritable playground for all who visit.
Where to stay near Willow River State Park: Phipps Inn Bed and Breakfast in Hudson.
8 Best Things to do in Hudson, Wisconson
Aside from visiting Willow River State Park, there are plenty of great things to do in Hudson, Wisconsin. Thanks to its location on the St. Croix River, the town is undeniably beautiful. Whether you want to relax at a nearby Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast or get out and explore this fantastic area, we're confident you'll love visiting this charming town. Here are just a few of our favorite things to do in Hudson, Wisconsin:
- One of our favorite things to do in Hudson, Wisconsin, apart from visiting Willow River State Park, is to shop in historic downtown Hudson. There's a unique and eclectic variety of shops downtown, and you're sure to find something special to take home with you.
- One of the most beautiful things to do in Hudson, Wisconsin, is hop onboard one of the St. Croix River Cruises.
- Visit the fascinating Octagon House Museum.
- There are plenty of great restaurants and eateries in historic downtown Hudson, and you can enjoy tastings at the best of them on this Hudson Food Walk. There are also other great history and walking tours you can take through town.
- There are four fabulous golf courses in the Hudson area, including the Troy Burne Golf Club.
- Given that the St. Croix River is right here, it's probably not surprising that boating is one of the top things to do in Hudson, Wisconsin.
- There are some great bike trails in and around Hudson, including the St. Croix River Crossing Loop Trail.
- Enjoy some bird watching. This truly is an exceptional place to do it!
Whatever you choose to do while you're in Hudson, you deserve to stay someplace great. Though high-quality accommodations are an essential part of what we offer, the attentive hospitality you'll find at each of our properties truly sets Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts apart from other lodging options. This hospitality extends to every part of your stay, and you'll feel and see the difference from the moment you first arrive. You'll also feel like you're at home when you stay with us - only without all the stressors and worries of being at home!
If you feel like getting out and exploring Wisconsin and being taken care of this spring, there is only one choice for lodging: A Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast. Honestly, there are no better places to stay in Wisconsin than our Inns. Seek the Unique, and book a room at one of our amazing Wisconsin Bed and Breakfasts today!